After showing up at CES but being teased, Sony's first drone, Airpeak S1, continued to rise to the challenge. On June 10th, the "Rookie" drone, which has been constantly questioned, updated its specifications and price information on Sony's official website. The Airpeak S1 bare metal package is priced at $9,000 and includes a body, 2 pairs of propellers, 1 remote control, 2 batteries and 1 battery charger. It can be seen from the price that this drone locates high-end professional images.
And Sony also hopes that its big selling point is that it can make Sony cameras go to the sky.
Airpeak S1 is fully compatible with the Alpha series of full-frame mirrorless cameras, which means that this drone can achieve 8K image quality aerial photography. As a result, Sony claims that this is the smallest drone in the industry that can be equipped with a Sony Alpha camera. It can not only shoot dynamically but also has accurate and stable flight control performance.
The built-in brushless motor and 17-inch propeller, control system and sensing technology enable it to fly at extremely high speeds and have very stable wind resistance. Under no load, the maximum speed is 55.9mph (25m/s), the maximum angular speed is 180°/s*, and the attitude angle is up to 55°.
In addition, Airpeak S1 uses Sony’s self-developed propulsion device and flight control system. A stereo camera is installed on the front, rear, left, right, and bottom of the fuselage to collect visual information, and 2 infrared range sensors to collect and position. Data, through the original algorithm to achieve the implementation of the UAV positioning and 3D space perception. Even in areas where GPS may be blocked, key sensor information such as IMU and air pressure can help optimize the control system.
And it is equipped with an advanced remote control, not only can freely control the aircraft, but also can produce high-quality aerial photos. Cloud Control Center is an APP called "Airpeak Flight", which can view information such as battery life, aircraft speed, etc. It also supports dual control modes. Therefore, one person can control the camera and gimbal, and another person can control the flight of the drone.
There is also a web application called "Airpeak Base" to manage equipment, maintain flight logs and create advanced flight plans. Let the flight progress be monitored to prevent the operator from being caught off guard due to aircraft or battery problems. Airpeak S1 can be programmed to fly the same flight path repeatedly. Latitude, longitude, altitude, pan/tilt direction, timed video and photo still images can all be pre-programmed and reproduced through "Airpeak Base".
The only thing that makes people criticize is that the longest flight time of Airpeak S1 can reach 22 minutes without load. When carrying heavy loads such as α7S III and 24mm F1.4 GM, the maximum flight time is 12 minutes. It's hard to imagine, when shooting aerial photography of difficult tasks, how far can it be completed in only 12 minutes?
Finally, for everyone to watch, we also list all the features of Airpeak S1:
- The maximum speed is 55.9mph (25m/s), the maximum angular speed is 180°/s, and the attitude angle is up to 55°
- Propulsion device and flight control system developed by Sony
- Up to 22 minutes of flight time without payload
- Stable at wind speeds up to 44.7 mph (20m/s)
- Landing gear with on/off legs
- Detachable propeller for quick replacement and transportation
- The stereo camera and vision sensor processor developed by Sony use original algorithms to realize real-time 3D spatial perception
- Stable flight in enclosed spaces or beyond the GNSS range
- Equipped with multi-directional induction obstacle avoidance function
- The smallest drone of its kind in the world, which can be equipped with Alpha series full-frame mirrorless cameras
- The RCR-VH1 remote control controls the aircraft, gimbal and camera, and provides real-time image output at the same time
- Cooperate with "Airpeak Flight" mobile phone APP to control aircraft, camera and gimbal
- Dual operation mode, independent control of aircraft and gimbal/camera
- Equipped with flexible flight mode
- "Airpeak Base" web application for integrated management of flight plans, flight logs and equipment
It can be seen that there are many Sony self-developed products on Airpeak S1, and in the Sony YouTube video we are currently seeing, the flight stability and stability performance of Airpeak S1 is still worth seeing. As for the actual performance? Sony said it would fall in 2021 and scheduled to begin customer shipments, no accident, then we can know.
#Welcome to follow Aifaner's official WeChat account: Aifaner (WeChat ID: ifanr), more exciting content will be provided to you as soon as possible.