Samsung launched its first 5nm chip, the first manufacturer is vivo
After Huawei's Kirin 9000 and Apple's A14 chips, the third 5nm process chip from Samsung Semiconductor also arrived today as scheduled. As the successor to last year's Exynos 980, it was named Exynos 1080. This is also Samsung's first processor based on the latest 5nm EUV FinFET process.
Compared with the mid-to-high end positioning of the previous generation, the positioning of this generation Exynos 1080 is more like flagship. This is first manifested in performance:
Exynos 1080 integrates the latest ARM Cortex-A78 core with a maximum frequency of 2.8 GHz and the high-performance Cortex-A55 core into its three-cluster CPU system (1+3+4 architecture). On the Geekbench 5 benchmark software, its CPU The performance is almost twice that of the previous generation product. In addition, with the latest GPU ARM Mali-G78 based on the second-generation Valhall architecture, the performance of Exynos 1080's GPU has also been increased by more than twice.
Of course, it's not just the age of running points. AI performance, ISP image performance, display technology support, and modem performance integrated in the chip all determine the quality of the final mobile phone experience.
Therefore, we can continue to list other features of this processor:
- Supports up to 144Hz display refresh rate at FHD+ resolution
- The image signal processor (ISP) of Exynos 1080 supports an image resolution of up to 200 million pixels, and supports up to 6 cameras and 3 cameras at the same time
- Exclusively customized AISP architecture, NPU is strongly involved in ISP, and each parameter can be intelligently adjusted to the best value through machine learning in the original RAW domain
- Multi-format codec (MFC) can encode and decode 4K UHD resolution video at 60fps per second
- Support HDR10+ and native 10-bit color shooting and playback
- The modem supports a download speed of up to 5.1Gbps. The modem also supports Sub6GHz and mmWave (millimeter wave) spectrum in 5G and 2G GSM/CDMA, 3G WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, HSPA and 4G LTE
- Support the latest WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2
- Support the latest LPDDR5 memory. The data transfer rate of Exynos 1080 reaches 51.2GB/s
Like Exynos980, Exynos1080 is also jointly developed by Samsung Semiconductor and vivo. Therefore, this chip will also be handed over to vivo's mobile phone for the first release. Not surprisingly, vivo's X-series new phones will release this chip for the first time, and we can see how the industry's third 5nm chip actually performs.
#Welcome to follow Aifaner's official WeChat account: Aifaner (WeChat ID: ifanr), more exciting content will be provided to you as soon as possible.