Late notifications with MIUI 12? Here’s how to fix on Xiaomi
With the advent of MIUI 12 by Xiaomi, for some users the age-old problem of late notifications remained. Since the first years of existence, Xiaomi’s UI has received criticism from Western users. But this is actually a problem that afflicts a large part of the UIs that are born in China and then are imported into Europe and the USA. Perhaps not many know that in the East the management of notifications is different from what we are used to. In the motherland, Chinese companies prefer to aim for the battery rather than the constant monitoring of notifications, also because Google is not there from them.
Related: MIUI 12.5 Beta available for various Xiaomi and Redmi | Download 21.5.10
Do you have a Xiaomi with MIUI 12 and notifications arrive late? I’ll explain how to “fix them”
As a result, it may happen that a Xiaomi smartphone with MIUI 12 (as well as other brands) does not receive notifications correctly. A limit that causes notifications to arrive late, only when you open the app, as this was not actually active in the background. But it can also happen that this limitation impacts web calling / video calling apps, preventing users from receiving the related warning. Fortunately this does not happen with any model and / or version of MIUI, but there are those who still complain about it. For this, in this guide I want to explain how to remove all the software options that slow down notifications .
Keep apps running in the background
The first thing to do is to make sure that the apps we want to receive notifications about instantly are not closed in the background. To make sure that doesn’t happen, here’s how to get around:
- Open the app in question (in my case the example is Telegram)
- Open the recent apps screen and press and hold on the app window
- From the side menu that appears, click on the padlock icon
In this way, the selected app will be blocked in the background and cannot possibly be closed by Xiaomi’s MIUI 12. But there is still a step to take to eliminate any possibility of closing in the background.
- Open the app in question
- From the recent apps screen, press and hold on the app window again
- This time select the gear icon
- In the ” Application information ” screen, enable the ” Automatic start ” toggle to ensure that the app starts by itself when the smartphone is turned on
- Scroll down, select ” Energy saving ” and set ” No restrictions “
Receive notifications in the lock screen
Sometimes it can understand that notifications with Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 arrive, but only when the smartphone is unlocked. On the other hand, when you have your smartphone locked it may happen that you do not receive the notification alert. If so, there is a quick way around this.
- Go to ” Settings / Battery and performance “
- Click on the gear icon at the top right
- Select “Energy saving” and disable the toggle ” Do not activate the screen for notifications “
If you have done all these steps, you should no longer have notification delay problems with Xiaomi’s MIUI 12.