Here is the updated list of where you can find the best TV for next-gen consoles. A few months ago, in July, we told you about the most suitable televisions in view of the future release on the market of Xbox Series X / S and PlayStation 5. Now that the aforementioned video game platforms are available for purchase (or almost, given the immense problems had with pre-orders ), the list of televisions suitable to accompany them has not changed much.
So if you need advice, you've come to the right place.
Features needed for next-gen console TVs
The characteristics necessary for a new TV to make you enjoy your video games to the fullest are essentially seven: the 4K resolution, the presence of HDMI 2.1, the lowest possible input lag , the refresh rate , the image quality, the audio one and the size. in inches. I will not go into detail explaining these last three characteristics, but it is necessary to talk about the former.
4K resolution, or UltraHD, refers to the number of pixels (the squares that make up the image) in the TV.
Input lag is the delay that occurs between the time the TV receives a signal and the time the signal is displayed on the screen.
The refresh rate, on the other hand, is the screen refresh rate, i.e. the number of times (per second) in which the image is redrawn on a display. A higher frequency is less tiring to the eye and makes moving images appear much smoother.
HDMI 2.1, on the other hand, is the new standard for audio / video connection between console and television. The best known and most relevant changes introduced with HDMI 2.1 are:
- Support for specific resolution pairs – refresh rate has been improved, for example it is now possible to reach the incredible 4K resolution at 120Hz and 8K at 60Hz .
- Increased bandwidth
- Dynamic HDR support implemented
- The limit of color depth is now that of 16BIT
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) introduced
As far as image quality is concerned, the best is certainly that of televisions with OLED technology (produced by LG, PANASONIC and SONY), not to be confused with Samsung's QLED which is "only" an improvement on traditional LED technology.
All the televisions that we are going to propose are 4K and equipped with HDMI 2.1.
Best TV for Xbox Series X / S and PS5: 65 ″ LG OLED CX Series with soundbar and subwoofer
Nothing to do, the LG CX series OLED is always the best when it comes to gaming, especially for its very low input lag .
This model (which we offer discounted in the 65-inch version and with soundbar and subwoofer included ) is equipped with Dolby Vision certifications and Dolby Atmos® and, above all, on board we find HDMI 2.1 with a maximum bandwidth of 48 Gbps, with ALLM, VRR and G-Sync, to take advantage of the variable refresh rate.
The 2nd generation α9 processor with Artificial Intelligence, enhanced by AI Deep Learning, optimizes both speed and graphics, obtaining surprisingly detailed images and an increasingly pure sound . Immerse yourself in a wonderful reality. Furthermore, we cannot miss Google Assistant and Alexa pre-installed, so as to manage our home from the comfort of the sofa.
- OLED technology with over 8 million self-illuminating pixels for perfect blacks and perfect colors.
- Spectacular images and sound thanks to the new third generation α9 processor with Artificial Intelligence.
- True Cinema Experience with Dolby Vision IQ, Dolby Atmos and FILMMAKER MODE give you an immersive audio video experience to enjoy all kinds of content.
- An uncompromising gaming experience thanks to compatibility with NVIDIA G-Sync for clearer and faster games, with less stutter, lag and flickering.
- "Easy, fast and rich in content WebOS Smart TV with major apps including Disney +, Apple TV, Netflix, NOW TV, Prime Video, Raiplay and many more. Pointer remote control included."
Best TV for Xbox Series X / S and PS5: PANASONIC 55HZ1500E 55 "
In July we talked about its predecessor: the 55GZ1500E. The new HZ range introduces some innovations and confirms the immense Panasonic quality. As far as picture quality is concerned, Panasonic has been the go-to brand in Hollywood for professional displays for many years: their televisions aim for perfection and color realism.
The input lag is greater than LG's CX, but if you'd like to use the screen for watching movies too, we can't recommend any better.
Obviously it has HDMI 2.1 and, usually, its price is extremely competitive for the quality it offers.
This Panasonic home gaming offering features a 55 ″ 4K UHD screen with HDR10 + support and a deep black filter.
Thanks to the Biade Speaker, the 2020 HZ1500 4K OLED TVs offer an innovative visual experience and intense audio. The HCX Pro Intelligent processor displays details with excellent contrast and smooth gradations. Realism assured by Dolby VisionTM and HDR10 +.
Among the software features we find the convenient support for recording via USB on external hard disk, Wi-Fi, support for App Inernet, DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Double Tuner, and 4 HDMI 2.2.
Best TV for Xbox Series X / S and PS5: Sony AG9 55 ″
This Sony AG9 TV is excellent, but a little more expensive for the same inches, compared to those of Panasonic and LG. The strong point is certainly the sound system , certainly the best sound system you could find on board a "standard" television. It's thanks to the Acoustic Surface Audio + . Two actuators and two powerful subwoofers ensure multi-dimensional sound that allows you to immerse yourself in a completely new entertainment experience.
Thanks to unparalleled processing power, the X1 Ultimate detects hundreds of different objects and intelligently optimizes brightness, detail and colors to bring you incredible clarity, brightness and realism on your TV.
We also find pre-installed Android TV , so as to manage the TV and other connected devices together with the various online services from the comfort of your sofa.
- Technology: OLED TV
- Resolution: 4K Ultra HD
Best TV for Xbox Series X / S and PS5: 65 ″ Samsung Q80T
It is not an OLED, so the image quality is not comparable to the three TVs we proposed a little while ago, but Samsung could not miss it with its 65 ″ Samsung Q80T , which, thanks to a lower price, can tempt lot of.
Among the specifications of this particular model, we highlight the Ultra Viewing Angle for deep contrasts, and the HDR1500 certification. Furthermore, thanks to FreeSync technology, Samsung's QLEDs reduce the delay in signal reception to give us that game speed that no doubt serves.
Quantum HDR and Direct Full Array are technologies that allow for above average colors and contrasts, but not comparable to OLED. Plus, Quantum Dot technology captures light and transforms it into stunning colors.
- Type: 65 "qled smart TV
- Quantum hdr and direct full array: thanks to direct full array technology with quantum hdr 1500, the qled TV guarantees excellent contrast and brightness in every scene, to better enjoy every smallest detail
- Quantum 4k Processor: The powerful processor that transforms content from each source into 4k resolution for a truly immersive experience
- Object tracking sound: 3D sound follows the image and takes you to the center of the action for an even more immersive experience
- AI adaptive brightness: AI adjusts brightness to the environment, for great colors and contrasts
Satisfied? Enjoy your new TV!
The article Best TV for Xbox Series X / S and PS5: Updated List comes from TechCuE .