Amazon presented the new products with Alexa surprising everyone with some really interesting goodies (although not for all budgets): robots, frames and a drone to monitor the house, but there are also smart objects of more common use
Astro: the Amazon robot that follows you
One of the new products that has attracted the most attention of the public is undoubtedly the Astro robot. In essence this is nothing more than an Echo Show with wheels. Thanks to its sensors it is able to follow the user and to monitor the house in his absence through his rooms. It is also able to manage video calls.
Its cost is not for everyone: it starts from $ 1149 and for the moment it is available only in the USA. It will also not be available for purchase on Amazon like other Echo products. Instead, it will be available by invitation only.
Echo Show 15: digital photo frame with Alexa or TV?
Another of the most interesting new products in the new Amazon Echo line-up connected to Alexa is the Echo Show 15 . Like its predecessors it is a voice assistant with the screen and allows you to carry out video calls, as well as act as a digital photo frame. It is also able to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime Video movies and TV series. The 15-inch screen is quite large and guarantees a rather detailed use of multimedia content.
It is equipped with supports to be mounted on the wall, thus becoming the reference hub of any smart home. Among the new features there is also noise recognition: Alexa can “learn” some noises that we make her listen to and send us a notification when she hears them. This feature can be useful for being alerted to a baby's crying or dog barking when he is alone in the house.
It should be out by the end of the year, the price will be $ 249.
Ring Always home cam among the new Amazon products
The Ring Always Home Cam can be defined as a real surveillance drone. This smart tool is activated by the sensors of the surveillance system that we mount in the house and which are connected to Alexa . When one of these "calls" it, the drone takes off from its charging base and reaches the room where an anomaly has been reported by sending live images that the user can consult on their smartphone. Furthermore, thanks to the app it is possible to activate it manually and order it to reach and film a certain point in the room.
The images are in 1080p and Amazon guarantees that the user's privacy will be guaranteed by the loud noise of the drone's propellers that will not allow him to go unnoticed.
The price will be $ 249 and this product will also be available by invitation only.
New Amazon products in collaboration with Blink: the smart intercom
The collaboration between Amazon and the manufacturer of home security systems Blink continues: among the new products, a new smart intercom that can be connected to Alexa was presented. The Blink Video Dorbell shoots with its own camera in 1080p resolution, even in the dark thanks to the night vision. It is also able to record thanks to two-way audio. The launch price is 59.99 euros and is already available on Amazon.
- Answer your door wherever you are from your smartphone, with 1080p HD video by day and infrared video at night, and two-way audio.
- Long battery life, personalized notifications, privacy settings and much more.
- Get notified whenever motion is detected or a visitor hits Blink Video Doorbell. Pair this device with Sync Module 2 (sold separately) or plug it in for constant power.
- Save and share videos locally with Sync Module 2 and a USB stick (sold separately) or in the Cloud with a free trial of the Blink subscription. You will be notified at least 30 days before the free trial period expires, with information on how to subscribe.
- Ideal for any home. Use the device wirelessly or connect it to the wires of your existing doorbell to make your internal doorbell ring as well.
In addition, Blink and Amazon presented two products to combine with the intercom: they are the Blink Floodlight Mount and Blink Solar Panel Mount . The first is a battery-powered module that recharges the intercom and is equipped with two LED spotlights that light up via motion sensors. The second is a module equipped with a solar panel that recharges the intercom.
Both will be available on Amazon at a price of 39.99 euros.
New Eero pro 6 mesh router connectable to Alexa
Amazon presented in collaboration with Eero, the new Pro 6 tri-band mesh router equipped with the Wi-Fi 6 standard . Thanks to this new standard, it allows a higher connection speed and is particularly suitable for Gigabit connectivity. A single mesh Pro 6 is able to guarantee internet coverage on an area of 190 square meters.
It is currently on Amazon launch offer for 199 euros (instead of 249), as well as in a pack of three at a price of 511 euros (instead of 639)
- Introducing the fastest eero device ever – the eero Pro 6 covers an area of up to 190 m² and supports speeds of up to 1 Gb.
- Say goodbye to dead spots and buffering – Our TrueMesh technology intelligently routes traffic to reduce connection drops, so you can play games, video calls and stream 4K content (where available) with safety.
- More Wi-Fi for more devices – Wi-Fi 6 offers faster Wi-Fi connection for over 75 devices at the same time.
- Quick Setup – The eero app guides you through setup and lets you manage your network from anywhere.
- Integrated Zigbee Smart Home Hub – eero Pro 6 connects compatible devices in your network to Alexa; there is no need to purchase separate hubs for each device.
The Amazon article presents new products with Alexa: robots, frames, drones and more comes from Tech CuE | Close-up Engineering .